The Information Publication Scheme (IPS) aims to transform the freedom of information framework from one that responds to individual requests for access to documents, to one that requires Australian Government agencies to take a proactive approach to publishing information.
In accordance with the scheme, the Department of Industry Agency Plan provides guidance on how Commercialisation Australia will publish information. Information on the Department’s Information Publication Scheme can be found at the Department of Industry website.
Commercialisation Australia will begin to publish documents under the following categories. The links below will become active as content is published.
- Who we are: Our organisational structure and contact information
- What we do: Information about our work including the functions and decision making powers within Commercialisation Australia
- Our reports: Includes reports that Commercialisation Australia may publish
- Our consultations: Includes information about Commercialisation Australia’s consultation processes
- Our priorities: Includes divisional business plans
- Our FOI disclosure log: Documents published under Freedom of Information requests
- Our finances: Includes financial information relating to pay and grading structures, procurement procedures and tendering contracts
- Our lists: Includes Commercialisation Australia contracts, grants and appointments and links to data sets
- Our submissions: Includes submissions made by the department to Parliamentary committees, the Productivity Commissioner, the Australian Law Reform Commissions and other agencies
- Our policies: Includes Commercialisation Australia’s policies including fact sheets
Freedom of Information
The Freedom of Information Act 1982 (the FOI Act) provides a general right of access to documents held by the Department of Industry and other Commonwealth agencies. From 1 May 2011, Commercialisation Australia is required to maintain a list of documents released under the FOI Act. Information about the documents released by Commercialisation Australia will be available from the Freedom of Information Disclosure Log available of the Department of Innovation website.
For more information about the FOI process and how to make a request, please visit the Freedom of Information page on the Department of Innovation website.