The Commercialisation Australia Board assists with the assessment of applications for Commercialisation Australia. On 9 February 2010, the former Minister for Innovation, Industry, Science and Research, Senator the Hon Kim Carr, announced the members of the Commercialisation Australia Board. The Minister’s announcement can be found on his website.
On 13 July 2012, the Minister for Industry and Innovation, Greg Combet, announced two new Board members, Ms Christine Bridges-Taylor and Dr Leanna Read, to replace Mr Nixon Apple and Dr Katherine Woodthrope.
On 26 November 2012, the Minister for Industry and Innovation appointed well known ICT entrepreneur, Steve Baxter, to the Board. Mr Baxter replaced Dr Susan Pond who was appointed to chair the Expert Committee assisting Innovation Australia deliver the Clean Technology Innovation Program.
On 24 April 2013, Minister Combet announced the appointment of Mr Tony Surtees to the Board to replace Mr Steve Baxter.
Board members are equipped with the technical and commercial expertise to assess and provide advice on the merit of applications.
Commercialisation Australia Board Members
- Mr Doron Ben-Meir, CEO of Commercialisation Australia, Ex-Officio Board Member
- Ms Jan Bingley, General Manager, Commercial, CSIRO
- Dr Bruce Whan, Director of Swinburne Knowledge and CEO of Swinburne Ventures Limited (Swinburne University)
- Ms Christine Bridges-Taylor, Director and General Manager at B&R Enclosures
- Dr Leanna Read, founding and former Managing Director and CEO of biotechnology company, TGR BioSciences Pty Ltd
- Mr Tony Surtees, founder of Hyperlocalizer Pty Ltd
Commercialisation Australia Ministerial Program Guidelines
The role of the Commercialisation Australia Board is outlined in the Commercialisation Australia Ministerial Program Guidelines.
Download the Commercialisation Australia Ministerial Program Guidelines [1.3 MB]
Commercialisation Australia Disclosure of Interest Framework
Download a PDF version of the Commercialisation Australia and Innovation Australia Disclosure of Interest Framework [289 KB]
Download a DOCX version of the Commercialisation Australia and Innovation Australia Disclosure of Interest Framework [34 KB]
Pictured: Commercialisation Australia Board as at 5 September 2012. Dr Leanna Read, Doron Ben-Meir, Dr Susan Pond, Ms Christine Bridges-Taylor, Dr Laurie Hammond, Dr Bruce Whan, Ms Jan Bingley